Remedial massage targets the specific muscles and/or muscle groups that are causing your problem. Incorporating deep tissue techniques, triggerpoint therapy and myofascial release, remedial massage often requires a firmer touch than general massage while still working within your pain threshold. Remedial massage techniques are recommended for:
- Back pain.
- Neck pain.
- Muscular tightness and tension.
- Sporting injuries.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Rotator cuff injuries.
swedish relaxation massage
Swedish relaxation massage utilises a combination of long and flowing strokes, kneading, friction and gliding, and is a wonderfully relaxing and invigorating experience. This type of massage is fabulous as a pick-me-up, stress relief, or even just to pamper yourself for no particular reason (who needs a reason?!). Swedish massage techniques are recommended for:
- Promoting a general feeling of well-being.
- Stress relief – physical, mental and emotional.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Stretching of tight muscles.
The lymphatic system is a very important but little understood body system, and is responsible for the optimum functioning of fluid (lymph) circulation and the immune system. Lymphatic drainage is a specialised technique used to drain excess fluid from tissues, activate and cleanse the lymphatic system, and is a wonderfully relaxing way to rejuvenate. This is a very light pressure massage. Lymphatic drainage is recommended for:
- Acute inflammatory conditions such as bruising, bursitis, sprains and strains.
- Chronic inflammatory conditions such as sinusitis and arthritis.
- Circulatory problems such as swollen hands, ankles and feet.
- Common issues such as headaches, migraines, stress and tension, nervous conditions, mental congestion, traveller’s oedema.
- Post-operative situations where lymph nodes have been removed.
For more detailed information about the lymphatic system and lymphatic drainage massage, see this blog post.
warm stone massage
Warm stone massage utilises the benefits of heat therapy. Volcanic basalt stones are heated, then placed on your body on key points as well as glided over your body in massage. The heat from the stones penetrates deep into your muscles, allowing for a deeply relaxing experience both physically and mentally. As well as the benefits of a traditional massage, warm stone massage has these extra benefits:
- Much deeper sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Greatly improves the lymphatic and immune systems.
- Gently warms and relaxes muscles, which reduces muscle spasms.
- Feels amazingly different to a standard massage!
Indian head massage
Indian head massage has been practiced in India for over a thousand years, and is based on the ancient healing system of Ayurveda. This massage works on the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. The areas are massaged using firm yet gentle, rhythmic movements focusing on acupressure points. This massage technique is said to have a strong effect on the three higher chakras – the Mind, Body and Spirit. Indian head massage is great for relieving the stress and tension in our everyday lives, including:
- Headaches and migraines.
- Reducing stress and anxiety.
- Relaxing the fascia of the scalp.
- Stimulating the hair and scalp.
Indian head massage is performed fully clothed in a specially designed seated massage chair, or can be incorporated into your traditional table massage treatment. It also includes an oil application to the scalp which is fabulously nourishing for the scalp and hair. Because of this, Indian head massage is recommended for when you don’t mind having oily and messy hair for a little while!
office & corporate massage
Do you or any of your staff suffer from:
If the answer to any of those was “YES” (and chances are there were a few!), then Tara can help. Massage combines the great effects of reduced muscle tension, increased vitality, and a calmer state of mind, with the benefits of reduced stress levels, more energy and motivation, and better sleep patterns.
And we all know that happy and well-rested staff are better workers!
Better still, you and your staff can be massaged at your office, reducing work down-time by eliminating travel to a clinic. For more information about office massage at your workplace, contact Tara to discuss your requirements.